Saturday, October 3, 2009
After two weeks of consideration and votes on amendments to the Baucus health care reform "concept" in the Senate Finance Committee, Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) has expressed his intention to get this bill to the floor for debate and a vote as quickly as possible. Although the committee markup has been completed, the final committee vote to advance the Baucus bill to the Senate floor is expected to occur next week on Tuesday, October 6th, and a floor debate and vote could happen soon after.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Introduced in Wisconsin
LRB 3061/1 - RE: COSPONSORSHIP OF THE WISCONSIN GENDER HATE CRIMES ACT
Parisi - I am introducing this legislation in order to address the epidemic of violence against women in our communities. The Wisconsin Gender Hate Crimes Act recognizes that violence which is disproportionately directed at women is particularly serious because it affects all women by promoting inequality. This legislation is simple and straight-forward: it provides prosecutors with an additional tool to charge a penalty enhancer if they believe a perpetrator was motivated by victim’s gender. This legislation has the support of the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence and the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault.
This bill provides an enhanced penalty for certain crimes if the person committing the crime intentionally selects the victim based on his or her belief or perception of the victim’s gender.
From Eagle Forum:
VAWA transfers $1 billion a year of American taxpayer dollars into the hands of radical feminist organizations who use the funds to preach anti-marriage and anti-male ideology, to promote divorce, to corrupt the family court system, and to engage in anti-family political advocacy.
The Violence Against Women Act:
1. Encourages women to make false allegations and then petition for full child custody and a denial of fathers' rights to see their own children.
2. Promotes the unrestrained use of restraining orders, which family courts issue on the woman's say-so.
3. Assumes loose definitions of domestic violence that blur the difference between violent action and harmless marital tiffs and arguments.
4. VAWA-funded centers engage in political advocacy for feminist legislation such as the "must-arrest" and "no drop" laws even if there is no sign of violence and even if the women doesn't want the man arrested.
5. Allows the definition of "abuse" to include things like minor insults, irritations, criticizing, ignoring the victim's needs, jealousy, possessiveness, and facial expressions which occur in most marriages and relationships.
6. Funds the re-education of judges and law enforcement personnel to teach them feminist stereotypes about male abusers and female victims, how to game the system to empower women, and how to ride roughshod over the constitutional rights of men.
MUST SEE STORY (Milwaukee, WI):
The Senate Finance Committee is set to resume its consideration of the health care plan outlined by Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) today. Those in the mainstream media and Senator Baucus himself have tried to market this supposedly "new" plan as a more moderate, bi-partisan compromise, however, no other members of the negotiating "Gang of Six," or any other U.S. Senator for that matter, was willing to stand beside Sen. Baucus when he unveiled his plan last week. Rasmussen reported yesterday that 56% of Americans now oppose ObamaCare. Even worse, the increasing list of defeated amendments in the Senate Finance committee is revealing the true intentions of the Baucus plan to be just as radical as H.R. 3200. Here are a few things you should know about the Baucus bill and what is developing in the Senate:
- The IRS will enforce the individual mandate. Like H.R. 3200, the Baucus bill requires every American (with the exception of a few groups, including illegal aliens and convicted felons) to purchase health insurance that complies with new federal standards by 2013. Those who fail to pay the penalty-which could be up to $1,900 for each individual-for not having health insurance will face legal action from the IRS and will be subject to the same financial penalties as those who evade paying their federal income taxes. Thanks to aggressive questioning by Sen. Ensign (R-NV) last week to inquire how these provisions would be enforced, the Joint Committee on Taxation confirmed via handwritten letter that the IRS would take you to court and undertake normal collection proceedings. The Committee made sure to bring Section 7203 of the U.S. tax code to Sen. Ensign's attention:
"If there is a willful failure to file, pay, or maintain appropriate records and the like [...] the taxpayer may be charged with a misdemeanor with a penalty of up to $25,000 and not more than one year in jail. Felony tax evasion provides for restitution and a fine of up to $100,000 for an individual and up to five years in jail."
1. Create federal funding for state early education programs for children from birth to 5 years old, allowing government officials to make parenting decisions for children in these programs.
2. Allow states to use the funds to create mandatory early education programs, since the bill does not require that the programs be voluntary.
3. Give states an economic incentive to increase the number of children in early education programs, and may pressure families to enroll their children in these programs.
4. Greatly increase the size and scope of the federal government’s involvement in education.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
You better educated yourself on Shar ia Law
..Top ten reasons why sharia is bad for all societies
..in Canada and America
..in American Courts
..in Minnesota 2007 and 2007 and mortgages
In Our Backyard
New Documentary Unveils Rad ical Isla m
Prayer in D.C.
ACT For America
Warning! The Liberal Left is trying to ensnare you!!!!
As some of you may have recently seen, employees of ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) have been captured on tape showing others how to break the law. Congress has initiated action to shut off millions of public dollars currently given to the organization, and many other government agencies have severed ties with them.
The Liberal Left, instead of condemning these illegal and immoral actions, wants to retaliate by showing that it’s no big deal because “everybody does it.” We have received very credible intelligence that they are now planning their own undercover “sting” operations targeted against conservative political and religious groups and leaders.
Their plan is simple – they will offer large donations to a variety of our conservative organizations, but with an additional offer to line the pockets of an employee. (For example, they may offer to donate $20,000 to the organization and $5,000 directly to the pastor or organizational leader.) We believe that our organizations are above reproach and not susceptible to such unethical offers, but because of the politeness we regularly express even to those who stridently disagree with us, there exists a potentially unintended negative consequence.
It’s not just about refusing their offer; it is about how the refusal is done. Immediate outrage must be expressed to any unethical offers. If there is a lack of moral indignation or even a slow response at the shady suggestion, they intend to edit the video or audio to show corruption on the part of our religious and conservative organizations by “documenting” a willingness to accept personal gain. If they succeed, they will be able to claim a moral equivalency between the corrupt organizations of the Left and conservative political and religious organizations.
Please be on alert for this deceptive tactic; and if this (or any similar) offer is made, be sure to strongly express your refusal and indignation. Remember it only takes one weak response to put your organization in the headlines as apparently being morally and ethically corrupt (which will also potentially taint the entire conservative political and religious community). Please pass this information along to those in your organization as well as to any other groups or individuals that you can envision as being targets of these tactics.
— — — ¨ ¨ ¨ — — —
¨ Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Matthew 10:16
¨ Your enemy prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
¨ We don't want to unwittingly give Satan an opening for yet more mischief – we're not oblivious to his sly ways! 2 Corinthians 2:11 (The Message)
Monday, September 28, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
A significant part of Barack Obama's plan to "change" America involves having the federal government take control of public school curriculum, plus compiling a database of personal information about each student. The takeover is planned to be accomplished by talking directly to the kids in their schools, and by attaching extraordinary strings to the $128 billion of Stimulus funds shoveled into education.